Individuals with or without
any of the five required photo IDs* to vote in person or HAVA-required identification, and currently without a permanent residence
, can register to vote with the assistance of a public or non-profit agency providing services. These are the steps to be followed:
- Individual should complete the paper voter registration form using the assisting agency's address.
- The agency should submit this voter registration form along with a letter from the agency to the county board of elections and voter registration. The letter should state: "Please send the voter registration card for (the names of the individuals), for whom we are providing services, to (the agency's name and address)."
- The county board of elections and voter registration will then send the voter registration card to the agency for distribution to the individuals.
On Election Day, the individual would need to vote a provisional ballot at the polling location, which would count without any additional action required.
ADDRESS to send voter registration forms in Charleston County:
Charleston County Board of Elections and Voter Registration
PO Box 71419
Charleston, SC 29415
- One of the following required photo IDs required in order to vote in person:
- S.C. Driver's License
- ID Card issued by S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles
- S.C. Voter Registration Card with Photo
- Federal Military ID
- U.S. Passport