League membership is open to women and men, adults and children, citizens and non-citizens. Non-citizens and citizens under the age of 18 join as associate members and may participate in all facets of League activity, except voting on official business.
The League is the organization where hands-on work to safeguard democracy leads to civic improvement. Add your voice to over 150,000 League members and supporters across the country in making democracy work. Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
Scholarships are available for students' first year of membership. Contact us before joining at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may join or renew your membership online in one of the following three categories:
(Please note online payment includes a $2 fee to cover PayPal charges. If you prefer, you may fill out our membership form
and mail it with your dues. We also encourage renewing members to complete the membership form
and mail or bring it to the next meeting so we can stay updated on your preferences.)
Individual - $50 each year
Household - $75 each year
Student - $25 each year
Some reasons people join the League:
- To stay informed about local, state and national issues and government, and about decisions that directly affect you and your community.
- Make your voice heard as an advocate for change and community problem solving.
- Grow personally and professionally, by sharpening your skills in leadership, communications, networking, public speaking, and more as you organize and act on local and national issues.
- Work in the community.
- Support the League's work. (Even if you do not have time to volunteer, your membership provides important financial and symbolic support for our work.)
- Contribute to a specific League project or program.
The benefits of membership:
- You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong, including more than 125 in Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester Counties.
- You automatically become a member of LWV of South Carolina and LWV of the United States.
- You will receive LWVSC's The South Carolina Voter.
Forms can be mailed to:
LWV of the Charleston Area
PO Box 20173
Charleston, SC 29413
or email to: email@example.com
If you prefer to donate to us without joining our organization, we would, of course, welcome your contribution.Thank you for your support!